Sweet Potato Pie Recipe
For The Holidays.
• 2 Big cans of sweet potatoe yams or 2 Big Whole Sweet Potatoes
• Butter [1/2 stick of butter/ 4 tbsp/ 1/4c.]
• Cinnamon [ 1 tsp ]
• Nutmeg [ 1/2 tsp ]
• 2-3 Eggs
• Sugar [1/2 c. ]
• Milk [1/2- 1/3 c.] optional
• Vanilla extract [ 1/4 tsp] optional
• 2 Graham Cracker Crust
1) Preheat oven to 375° F
2) ** For whole sweet potatoes, rinse under warm water then peel and dice/chop.
3) ** For can sweet potato yams, use can opener and open both cans.
4) ** For whole sweet potatoes, fill a sizeable pot with 4-8 cups of water then set to boil on medium heat for 10-20 minutes.
** For can sweet potato yams pour the 2 big cans of sweet potato yams into a sizable pot, then set to boil on low heat for 5-15 minutes.
5) Reduce heat and drain out half of the liquid. Add in butter, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and milk. (Do not mix) Let simmer for 5-7 minutes.
6) Remove from heat and transfer into a heat safe bowl or mixing bowl.
** For Chunky Pie, smash potatoes lightly with a fork and mixed ingredients.
** For Smooth and Creamy Pie, use a potatoe smasher and smash potatoes well then mix the ingredients with a whisk.
7) In a separate bowl beat together eggs and vanilla.
8) Add egg mixture to sweet potatoe pie mixture then blend well.
9) Pour Sweet potatoe pie mixture into the graham cracker crust pans. (Fill just to the top).
10) Place the pies in the oven for 15-25 minutes.
11) Remove from over and let cool. Then cover and place in refrigerator until you’re ready for desserts!